I looked forever on Pinterest, Google, whatever; to be inspired by other creator’s film sets at home. It was damn-near impossible to find anything worth it.
Here’s a walkthrough of my DIY film set in my bedroom.
What’s a film set? A designated place in your home or office that is for recording video content only. It’s specifically designed and branded so that everything in the frame is consciously marketing your brand, whatever that may be.
I knew I wanted a couple of things in my set:
Good lighting (the window is great, but I also installed headlamps clamped to some shelves I picked up on Amazon) I’m going to buy daylight balanced light bulbs soon (not featured)
A clean backdrop: textured wallpaper from Target in a grey color was fantastic and reposition-able if I made a mistake (I made many, but you can’t tell
Greenery: plants make any set and any home more well, homey!
Brand: I saw this light-up sign at Michael’s and it was red. I was sold. I used a gold chaulk pen and free-handed the logo
And that’s it! The shot looks like the screen capture in the corner. Depending on which lens I use it’s pretty versatile.
I wouldn’t get these lamps unless you have tall ceilings. As you can see I took apart the arm to fit it. So I’d recommend a clamp lamp like this:
BulbsWallpaper from target $34
Light up sign $30 from Michael’s (couldn’t find it online)
Fake greenery 2.49 each about 8 of them wrapped with plant wire around cord $1.90 (also couldn’t find, but here’s a similar one)
I got a deal on most things, and I knew that it would be an investment. But that’s what I want; I want to invest in my content so that people will invest in me too.
As you place things on the wall or commit to any placement, set up your camera and check your shot! Make sure everything lines up the way you want it to. Throughout the construction, I checked my work with live working shots or video tests of what the composition looked like.
Did you enjoy this tutorial?
I share many tips just like this every Friday. Join the weekly newsletter right here and I’ll share them with you.
- The Last Piece – Project: Casa Le Vu - October 17, 2017
- Project Casa Le Vu – It’s my birthday! - October 3, 2017
- Project Casa Le Vu – OLED 4K, Star Wars, and harvesting from our garden! - September 20, 2017
- Casa le vu – business growing pains and new furniture - September 14, 2017
- Project Casa Le Vu 6 – Hard work - September 10, 2017
- Starting our Backyard Landscape- Casa Le Vu 5 - September 3, 2017
- What happened?! – Casa Le Vu #4 - August 30, 2017
- I’m a farmer! – Casa Le Vu #3 - August 28, 2017
- I’m a professional painter! – Casa Le Vu #2 - August 22, 2017
- New Home Project: Casa Le Vu #1 - August 21, 2017